Wednesday, April 12, 2006

80 in April

Here it is, April

In a decent climate there is another month of winter.

But here I am in Florida and it is 80 degrees today. Since I got down here I have wondered at the lack of what I consider culture. I assume that it is because it is April and 80.

Winter is where everything that I cherish comes in. Friendships grow, and things that don’t need to be done are then done. It is the forced inactivity.

Here if I don’t accomplish any thing all day it is because of laziness. There it is because it is impossible.

Activity builds up in the mind there, leading to cabin fever, yes, but also to other things. Discussions that don’t have to be had are, when you learn something about another. Creating that doesn’t need done is, and you pour yourself into it.

This is how you get culture: Give the people three hurried seasons to get everything they need to done. Planting, fixing and harvest. Then give them several months off with nothing that can be done unless it is absolutely necessary.

Energy must go somewhere and violence just leaves you lonely.

No comments: